Friday, January 2, 2009

Used Bike Shopping

We've rung in the new year and I'm still pushing buttons on this keyboard to see if I can make this website thing work. I've got so many applications I've lost track of which one seems to be working and which one doesn't. So, this is just the latest incarnation. We're trying it out.

But today we went wandering the used bikes to see what caught my attentions. Found a purple 2003 Honda Shadow that was pretty nice, but it had the dents of being dropped. There was a 2001 Kawasaki 800 that was going for a good price. And a 2004 Honda 599 that really struck my fancy.

Right now it's a matter of pricing and location as much as it is long term riding potential.

I like the lower seat and feel of the Shadow, this I already know. The 800 would be a bit more power and still pretty nice to ride. The 599 just intrigues me. It's lower than most sport bikes, a bit more upright. It's called a Naked bike, and I'm still figuring out what all this means.

We'll see which directions the winds blow and what might fit the best.

No comments: